How to Transfer Agents to Your LLC in TREC
Before you begin!
Requesting Sponsorship to Your LLC
All agents that you want to sponsor must perform these steps.
- Go to the TREC website: https://www.trec.state.tx.us
- Enter your username and password in the upper right-hand corner and click Login.
- You should be redirected to the My License Services page. If not, click on your name and select My License Services or go to https://mylicense.trec.texas.gov If you don't have a My License Services agent account, follow the steps here to create one.
- Select "Manage My Sponsorship (Sales)" from the drop down menu under "Change your license information..." and click Select. Click Next on the Introduction screen.
- Click "Request Sponsorship". When the search box opens, select "Real Estate Company" as the License Type and enter the license number for your LLC (starts with a 9) in the License Number box. Do not enter or select anything else! Click Search.
- The name of your LLC should appear as the search result. Click the checkbox next to your LLC and click the Request button. This will take you back to the Manage My List screen which should now your company name. Click Next to proceed.
- On the Application Summary page, click the Submit button. This will take you to yet another screen where you have to select Yes and then click Next.
- On the Summary Report page, click the Pay Now button and complete the payment process ($20.60). Your sponsorship request will be sent to the email address on file for your LLC. Be sure to pay at this time - if you don't, the request will not be sent.
Click here for a step by step doc with screenshots. The license number in the doc is just an example, do NOT enter that number, use the number for your LLC.
Accepting Sponsorship Requests
You'll need to perform the following steps to accept agents to your LLC including yourself. Agent sponsorship requests are usually sent immediately but can take up to 15 minutes or longer at times. To accept your agent sponsorship requests:
- Log in to your My License Services account for your LLC, select Manage Sales Agent Sponsorships from the drop down under Change your license information... and click Select.
- Click Next on the Introduction screen. You should see your pending agent requests listed. If not, wait a few minutes and refresh the screen.
- There's a column labeled Actions where you'll find a link to "Accept" on the row for each agent's request. Click Accept next to each request and then click the Next button.
- On the next screen, you'll need to select Yes and then click Next until you reach the end.
One of your sponsored agents must take the Broker Responsibility Course and be the Designated Supervisor for your LLC. This agent will essentially be the "go to" person for real estate activities within your LLC and will be the person your other agents go to for real estate questions. The designated supervisor agent is typically the owner of the LLC. The designated supervisor and/or the owner (if different) will be our point of contact for your LLC. To register the designated supervisor for your LLC:
- Log in to My License Services with your LLC account, select Manage Sales Agent Sponsorships again and click Next to go to the list of your agents.
- Place a checkmark in the Desg Spvsr column next to your name (or the agent that will be your designated supervisor). More than one agent can be a Desg Spvsr but each must take the Broker Responsibility Course.
- Click Next, answer Yes if prompted, and keep clicking Next until the end.